Students do not perform well in school when they are not feeling well. Staying home will likely shorten the length of the illness and hopefully we can interrupt the 'sharing of germs' in school.
You should stay home if:
If you have more than one of the above symptoms, call your doctor.
- you have a temperature in the morning over 99.6 degrees (a fever). Remain home until 24 hours of being fever free without the use of fever reducing medications.
- you are vomiting or feel nauseous. Return to school when you are symptom free for 24 hours.
- you have a cough that can not be silenced.
- you have had a sore throat for 3 days and it hasn't improved. See a doctor.
- you have yellow or green-colored phlegm or nasal discharge. After 3 days and no improvement, see a doctor.
- you go to bed with a stomachache and wake up with a stomachache, stay home until you feel better.
Please remember to take over-the-counter medications BEFORE you come to school to manage cold/sinus/allergy symptoms. The Nurse's Office does not have these medications. You must supply your own cough drops, too. Thank you for your cooperation in these matters.